To kick off Summer, we are sharing food pairings for each wine included in the Stellabrate Summer live virtual tasting hosted by Ayydé of Los Angeles' Big Boy's Neighborhood on REAL 92.3. Whether you’re joining in on our live virtual tasting, or just looking for some new pairings and cocktails to enjoy this summer, you’re not going to want to miss out on the deliciousness!
If you’re reading this past June 25th, you can head over to our Facebook page to watch the full live video.
Pairing 1) Stella Rosa Watermelon & Watermelon salad
- 6 cups fresh watermelon, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- poppy seed dressing
- Add all ingredients, except the poppy seed dressing, into mixer.
- Slowly pour in the poppy seed dressing while mixing rest of ingredients. Store chilled until ready to use.
- Serve with a chilled glass of Stella Rosa Watermelon and enjoy!
Pairing 2) Stella Rosa Ruby Rosé Grapefruit & Crab and Avocado Toast
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon zest plus juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 slices of French bread
- ½ cup crab meat
- 1 tbsp parsley
- lemon wedges (for garnish)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 radish (optional)
- Brush French bread with olive oil and bake until crispy and golden.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl, gently combine crabmeat with parsley and lemon zest; season with salt & pepper.
- Spread mashed avocado on toasts, top with crab mixture, and serve immediately with a glass of Stella Rosa Ruby Rosé Grapefruit.
Pairing 3) Bodega Sangria & Grilled Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, plus wedges for garnish
- ⅓ cup finely minced red onion
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and minced (optional)
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Tortilla chips or saltine crackers, for serving
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced for garnish
- Marinate shrimp with olive oil, cumin, chili powder, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Grill shrimp about 2 minutes per side, or until bright pink and opaque.
- Transfer to a baking sheet, cool completely and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Once cooled, transfer to a medium bowl and combine with lime juice, onion, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, and cucumber.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and chili powder.
- Spoon ceviche into a small chilled serving bowl; garnish with sliced avocado, cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Serve with tortilla chips or saltines and a glass of Bodega Sangria and enjoy!
*If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Pairing 4) Stella Rosa Pineapple & Al Pastor Taco Bowl
Al Pastor Pork:
- 6-8 pork chops (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 4 guajillo chilis—stemmed, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons achiote paste
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 cups warm cooked rice
- 2 cups warm cooked beans
- 2 1/3 cups grilled pineapple, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3 radishes, chopped
- Al pastor pork
Al Pastor Pork:
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook,stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (about 1 minute).
- Stir in oregano, cumin, pepper, and cloves, cook until fragrant, (about 1 minute).
- Add chilis and cook, stirring until blistered in spots (about 30 seconds).
- Add pineapple juice, vinegar, and achiote paste. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer marinade to the pork chops in a medium container and let cool.
- Divide rice and beans among bowls.
- Add in al pastor pork and top off taco bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Serve hot with a chilled glass of Stella Rosa Pineapple and enjoy!
Click here for the Piña party cocktail recipe.
Pairing 5) Stella Rosa Bianco & Grilled Peach Crumble
Almond & Oat Crumble:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup melted butter
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup brown sugar
Honey Whipped Mascarpone:
- 8 oz. of mascarpone
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 oz. milk
- zest from ½ lemon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
Almond & oat crumble:
- Combine all ingredients using food processor (can be done by hand as well), slowly adding in butter until all ingredients are incorporated.
Honey whipped mascarpone:
- Using a mixer, whisk together the mascarpone, milk, honey, lemon zest, and vanilla until smooth. Serve with a glass of Stella Rosa Bianco and enjoy!
Pairing 6) Stella Rosa Blueberry & Mixed Berry Cobbler
Mixed Berry Mixture:
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 cups mixed fresh berries
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar plus more for sprinkling
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup chilled whole milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter for brushing
Mixed Berry Mixture:
- Whisk sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Add berries to bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer berry mixture to a greased 2-quart baking dish that is about about 2" deep. Set aside to macerate while making dough.
- In a food processor, add 1 1/3 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add butter; mix until coarse meal forms.
- Add ½ cup milk and mix just until dough forms.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop a dollop of dough over fruit, ½ inch apart.
- Brush tops lightly with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until fruit is bubbling, and biscuits are just cooked through and golden all over, about 35 minutes. Let cool at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and a glass of Stella Rosa Blueberry!
Click here for the Blueberry blast cocktail.