Just because we’re still in quarantine doesn’t mean we can’t indulge ourselves with Stella Rosa wine and delicious food pairings, right? Labor Day is around the corner and to Stellabrate, we’re hosting another live tasting with Nina Chantele from myFM! We’ve got you covered with six delectable pairings that are perfect for your next picnic, BBQ, or cookout. We hope you enjoy!
If you’re reading this past August 20, you can head over to our Facebook page to watch the full live video.
1. Spicy Ham & Piña Salad
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (cleaned & chopped)
- ½ pineapple (peeled, sliced & grilled)
- 8 oz. capicola
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes (sliced in halves)
- ¼ onion, sliced
- 4 oz. mushrooms (seasoned & grilled)
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- Dressing of choice (we used Italian, but Soy Ginger dressing works well too)
- In a large mixing bowl, add chopped lettuce.
- Grill pineapple, ham, mushrooms, set aside to cool.
- Chopped rest of ingredients, add to greens, toss and enjoy.
2. Stella Rosa Golden Honey Peach + Grilled Peach Caprese
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 3 peaches (sliced)
- 3 2-8 oz. balls of fresh mozzarella
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- Olive oil (for brushing and drizzling)
- Balsamic glaze (for drizzling)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Starting at the stem, cut each peach in half.
- Remove the pit, then slice the peaches into ¼” round slices.
- Preheat a clean and seasoned grill to high.
- Brush both sides of the peach slices with olive oil.
- Lay the peach slices onto an oiled grill and close the lid.
- After about 90 seconds, flip the slices and grill for another 90 seconds. Allow peaches to rest.
Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- Slice the mozzarella rounds into ¼” slices.
- Slice the tomatoes into ¼” slices.
Assembling the Dish
- Layer the slices onto a platter in the following order: tomato slice, basil leaf, grilled peach slice, fresh mozzarella slice, basil leaf, and repeat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and then drizzle with balsamic glaze and olive oil, and Enjoy!
3. Stella Rosa Tropical Mango + Grilled Fish w/ Mango Salsa.
- 3 ripe mangoes, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 radishes, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 large lime, juiced (about ¼ cup lime juice)
- ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- In a serving bowl, combine the mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, radish, cucumber and jalapeño.
- Drizzle with the juice of one lime.
- With a spoon, stir the ingredients together. Season to taste. For best flavor, make the salsa a few hours ahead of time.
- Grill your favorite fish (salmon, sea bass, red snapper) and top with the mango salsa.
Bonus cocktail - Mango Mai Tai
- 3 oz. Stella Rosa Pineapple
- 3 oz. Stella Rosa Tropical Mango
- 1½ oz. rum
- 1 oz. orgeat syrup
- A mint sprig and a pineapple slice (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake well.
- Strain over crushed ice in a rocks or tiki glass.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a pineapple slice.
4. Stella Rosa Red Apple + Grilled Chicken w/ Apple Relish
- 4 pieces of chicken breast, seasoned lightly with salt and pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 oz. champagne vinegar
- ½ cup radish, minced
- ½ cup crisp, sweet apple, minced
- ¼ cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- Season your chicken to your preference and grill until fully cooked.
- Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes, then slice
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, bacon, radish, and apple.
- Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper, to taste
- Serve chicken with a salad, and drizzle vinaigrette on top.
5. Stella Rosa Green Apple + Apple Tart w/ Ice Cream
- 2 oz. Stella Rosa Green Apple
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Slice apples in halves and place in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix all ingredients well and add mixture to the apples, mix well again.
- In a greased ceramic dish, place the apple slices evenly.
- Top with crumbs and bake in the oven for 12-15 mins at 350° F.
- Allow to cool and enjoy with your favorite Ice cream and a glass of Stella Rosa Green Apple!
Stella Rosa Peach + Grilled Peach and Blueberry Galette
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 10 tbsp. of unsalted butter (chilled and cut into small cubes)
- 4-5 tbsp. of ice water, divided
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. grilled peaches, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 8 oz. fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest plus 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 large egg, beaten
For Galette Batter
- Combine flour, 1 tbsp. sugar, and ½ tsp. salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until well combined, about 5 times.
- Add cubed chilled butter; pulse until mixture resembles small peas, about 12 times.
- Add ¼ cup ice water; pulse until mixture is evenly moistened, about 8 times. Side note: Mixture should hold together when pinched. If it doesn’t, add the remaining 1 tbsp. of ice water by 1 tsp. at a time, pulsing 3 times after each addition.
- Turn mixture out onto a clean work surface. Shape into a ball and flatten into a disk.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Unwrap dough, and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out into a 14-inch circle (about 1/8 inch thick).
- Trim into a 12-inch circle; discard scraps.
- Place dough circle on a parchment paper–lined rimmed baking sheet, and chill, uncovered, until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together cornstarch, 1/3 cup sugar, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Add peaches, blueberries, melted butter, lemon zest and juice, and thyme sprigs; toss to combine.
Assembling the Galette
- Arrange fruit mixture in center of chilled dough circle, leaving a 1½ inch border.
- Fold dough edges up and over filling. Side note- dough will only partially cover filling, pleating every 3 inches.
- Lightly brush folded dough edges with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle dough edges and filling with remaining 1 tbsp. sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 350°F (without opening oven door) and bake until crust is golden brown and fruit mixture bubbles in middle, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Transfer baking sheet with galette to a wire rack and let cool 30 minutes. Serve galette warm, or let cool completely to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Serve with your favorite ice cream and enjoy!
Bonus cocktail - Peach Stella Rosa Rita
- 3 cups of Stella Rosa Peach, chilled
- 3 cups of frozen peaches, diced
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 oz. vodka (optional)
- Peach slice (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add wine and pulse until full incorporated.