Back to school, no more long pool days, goodbye heat. As summer is coming to a close, we thought it would be best to end on a sweet note. Celebrate the end of summer with this Zabaglione and fresh berries!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 egg white
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 quart of strawberries, sliced
- 1 quart of additional fresh berries of your choice
- 1 tablespoon Marsala wine
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
What to do:
- Toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl. Let macerate for 10 minutes.
- Put egg yolks, egg white, 3 tablespoons of sugar, Marsala wine, vanilla, and a pinch of salt in a large, heatproof bowl.
- Set bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water (without letting the bowl touch the water) and whisk vigorously over medium to medium-high heat until thick and creamy, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately pour over the berries, garnish with mint, and serve with biscotti.
Celebrate all of the amazing things that happened this summer with this delicious homemade Zabaglione! Pair this tasty summer treat with a chilled glass of our Three Pines Cardinal Red which is dark and decadent with ripe berry flavors. For more recipes, visit us online at SanAntonioWinery.com or on social media @SanAntonioWinery.