Gingerbread houses are a holiday season staple, yet it can be hard to find the perfect template and store-bought kits just do not cut it taste-wise. But don’t stress, you'll find everything you need to make the most beautiful and delicious gingerbread houses right here. Make a gingerbread village that everyone will love INCLUDING a house perfectly sized for a Stella Rosa® Mini to call home, see images of the template below.
Now, this is a two-day project so make sure you give yourself enough time to complete it all. Start off by making the gingerbread dough.
Let’s get started!
• 2 cups granulated white sugar
• 1 cup plus 2 tbsp. brown sugar
• 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
• 4 eggs
• 3 tbsp. molasses
• 1 1/2 tsp. salt
• 2 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tbsp. ginger
• 1 tbsp. cinnamon
• 6 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. In a bowl, mix together shortening and sugars.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and beat thoroughly until fluffy after each one.
4. Add molasses, salt, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon.
5. Add flour, one cup at a time until dough is starting to crumble.
6. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface to about ⅛” thickness and cut out shapes.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes then let sit overnight to harden.
The next day after your gingerbread has sat overnight, make the royal icing that will glue together the pieces by combining 4 cups confectioners' sugar, 5 tbsp. warm water, and 3 tbsp. Meringue Powder until fluffy with peaks. Tap bowl to ensure there are no air bubbles in the icing. Carefully construct the house by gluing pieces together with icing and placing objects such as cans or cups next to vertical pieces to keep them upright. Let dry for at least an hour.
Once solid, decorate with extra icing and any candy you love! We recommend a glass of Stella Rosa® while decorating.
Save the images below and print them out on a full sheet of paper to use this template.
Click here to download the template.
We hope you enjoyed learning how to make your own gingerbread houses, and make sure to tag us on Instagram or Facebook if you choose to recreate this recipe!