Spring is finally here! It’s the perfect time to enjoy the sunshine, the earth, and the beauty of nature – after all, it’s what helps the grapes in your Stella Rosa® grow to give it that delicious taste you love.
To Stellabrate® the new season, grab a couple of cans and drink them under the sun, then try this cute herb garden DIY using your recycled cans! It’s a win-win for both you AND the environment (after all, Earth Day is coming up!).
- Recycled Stella Rosa® cans
- Can opener
- Herb seeds
- Gardening gloves
- Optional: Small garden labels
1. Wash and dry your Stella Rosa® cans.
2. Carefully remove the top using a can opener. If the can opener gets stuck, try twisting it the opposite way. Edges may be uneven, so even the top out with some scissors.
3. Make small notches about 3mm deep and 5mm wide into the top of the can. Fold the notches inward into the can to ensure that no sharp edges are present.
4. Add dirt and herb seeds to the cans and place them under a sunny spot.
5. Optional: Write the herb name on a label.
And that’s it! Pretty soon, you’ll have fresh herbs for your kitchen just in time to create some tasty spring cocktails! Just remember not to overwater your little plants and be patient – some herbs take two to four weeks to grow. And you don’t have to stop at herbs, you can plant beautiful spring flowers too!
Share your DIY creations with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram @stellarosa, Twitter @stellarosawines, or Facebook @StellaRosaWines.