The skies are sunny, the flowers are blooming, and the weather is warm, and that means one thing – it’s picnic season! While beautiful, picnics aren’t the easiest to set up.
Luckily, we’ve been inspired by the CAN-venience of our wine cans and have put together a mason jar salad guide to make your picnic experience a breeze. Check out the recipes below!
Watermelon and Mint Salad
- Red Vinegar
- Lime Juice
- Olive Oil
- Light feta cheese
- Mint leaves
- Mix salt, red vinegar, and lime juice. Whisk in olive oil.
- Muddle jalapeno and whisk into vinegar mixture.
- Cube watermelon into small pieces.
- Add watermelon into a large bowl with feta cheese crumbles and mint leaves, mixing thoroughly so all ingredients are properly integrated.
- Pour vinaigrette into mason jar, then scoop in salad.
- Pair with Stella Rosa® Watermelon cans and enjoy!
Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Salad
- Salad greens
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chicken, cubed
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cube avocado and cucumber and half cherry tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, chicken cubes, avocado, and cilantro.
- In a smaller bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette into mason jar, then scoop in the salad.
- Pair with Stella Rosa® Blueberry cans and enjoy!
- 1 lb of red snapper fish filet, cubed into ½ inch pieces
- ¾ cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 serrano chilies or one large jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 cup of cilantro, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 large tomatoes, finely diced
- Salt, to taste
- In a glass container, marinate the fish with lime juice and salt. Place in the refrigerator to cool while you chop the rest of the vegetables.
- Take the fish mixture out of the refrigerator and strain the juice out.
- Add in the tomatoes, chiles, onion, cilantro, and oregano. Add salt to taste.
- Let the mixture marinate for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- To serve, spoon in the ceviche into a large mason jar. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ of a white onion, diced
- 1 chopped jalapeno
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- ½ tomato, finely diced
- Salt, to taste
- Peel avocados and remove the seed.
- In a bowl, mash the avocados to your desired consistency.
- Add in the onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and tomato.
- Season the mixture with salt and the juice of the lime. Serve with tortilla chips.
Don’t be afraid to think outside the box with your salad and Stella Rosa® cans pairings! After all, life’s better on a picnic blanket, drinking your favorite flavor of wine and eating a delectable salad.
Tried a recipe? Be sure to share pictures of your CAN-venient picnic with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram @stellarosa, Twitter @stellarosawines, or Facebook @Stella Rosa.