During our next live tasting hosted by Nina Chantele of myFM, we’re going to show you how to spruce up your snack and app game from! We’ll be sharing yummy snack and appetizer pairings for each wine included in the exclusive Apps & Snacks pack, plus 2 bonus cocktails! See the tune-in info and full recipes below. We hope you enjoy and don’t forget to Stellabrate responsibly.
If you’re reading this past September 24th, you can head over to our Facebook page to watch the full live video.
1) Olive Hummus w/ Homemade Pita Chips + Stella Rosa Royale
- 1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- Juice and zest of 1 medium lemon
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup mix of Green and Kalamata olives (divided)
- 4 tbsps. crushed garlic
- 2 heaping tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1 pinch of red cayenne pepper (or more to taste, depending on how hot you like it)
- 2-3 pieces of pita bread
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Place garbanzo beans, lemon juice, zest, olive oil, ½ cup olives, crushed garlic, tahini, cumin, and red cayenne pepper in your food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Finely chop ¼ cup mixed olives.
- Combine hummus and remaining chopped olives in a bowl and stir to combine. This can be stored up to 1 week in a sealed, air-tight container in the fridge.
- For pita chips, cut pita bread in triangles, place on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place in oven for 12-15 mins on 375 F° or until golden.
2) Brie, Fig Jam Toast + Stella Rosa Platinum French Vanilla
- 1 full baguette, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-wheel (about 15 oz.) brie cheese, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 jar (about 8 oz.) fig Jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and chopped
- Thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400 F°, with rack in the middle of the oven. Place baguette slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Pour the olive oil into a small bowl and use a pastry brush to dab it on both sides of the baguette slices. Bake 4 minutes then flip slices over to bake another 4 minutes until the slices are crispy and golden brown.
- Top with slices of brie and return to the oven just long enough to soften the cheese but not have it melt; about 1-2 minutes.
- Top each crostini with a generous dollop of fig preserves and sprinkle them with the chopped, toasted almonds. Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve with a glass of Stella Rosa Platinum French Vanilla. Enjoy!
Bonus cocktail: Platinum Pear
- 5 oz. Stella Rosa Platinum French Vanilla, chilled
- 1 oz. Bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 oz. Lemon juice
- 1/4 pear, diced
- In a dry cocktail shaker, add all ingredients (except for the Platinum French Vanilla) and shake vigorously.
- Pour the Stella Rosa Platinum French Vanilla into the shaker, and strain into a glass filled with fresh ice. Enjoy!
3) Mushroom and Fontina Cheese Flatbread + Stella Rosa Pearl Lux Rosé
- 2 tbsps. olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz. Fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsps. mixed herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc.)
- 2 store bought flatbreads or Naan breads
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Red pepper & parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F°. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with the minced garlic and herbs. Stir in mushrooms, coat evenly, and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat the other tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the flatbreads on a large baking sheet. Top with shredded cheese, mushrooms, and onions. Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 12 minutes.
- Cut into pieces, sprinkle red pepper and/or parmesan cheese and serve warm.
4) Caramel, Truffle Salt, and Garlic Parmesan Popcorn + Stella Rosa Prosecco
a. Caramel Popcorn
- 8 cups of popped popcorn (about 1 microwaveable bag, or ¼ cup kernels)
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1½ cups light brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. light karo syrup
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda (heaping)
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200 F°.
- Line a cookie sheet pan with parchment paper or foil sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Add popcorn to a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once melted, stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. As soon as the caramel starts to gently boil, boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Immediately drizzle caramel over popcorn. Toss gently in a bowl with a spatula until coated. Place back onto the sheet pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring the popcorn every 15 minutes.
b. Truffle Popcorn
- ½ cup white popcorn
- 2 tbsp. canola oil or other high heat oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsps. truffle oil
- ½ tsp. truffle salt or to taste
- In a large heavy pot, add the 2 tablespoons of canola oil and 1 teaspoon of truffle oil. Turn heat to high, add popcorn kernels. Shake the pan as needed, and popcorn should start popping within a minute or two. When popping slows down and there is 1-2 seconds between pops, remove from heat and pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Wipe out the pan to remove any crumbs, do NOT return the pan to heat. Add the other teaspoon of truffle oil to the pan, and the butter. Using the residual heat in the pan, melt the butter, swirling it so that it doesn't burn.
- As soon as butter is melted, pour half of it over the popcorn and sprinkle with half of the truffle salt. Toss the popcorn with a spatula to distribute the butter. Then pour on the rest of the butter and sprinkle with the rest of the salt, toss again. Add more truffle salt if needed/to taste. Serve immediately.
c. Garlic Parmesan Popcorn
- ½ cup popcorn
- 1-2 tsp. oil (canola or coconut)
- ½ -1 tsp, granulated garlic
- ½ -1 cup parmesan (finely grated)
- In a heavy bottom pot, heat the oil on med high heat, add popcorn, cover, leaving a crack for steam to escape, and turn heat down to medium. Shaking occasionally, pop until kernels are done popping.
- Turn stove off. Sprinkle with cheese, granulated garlic, salt, and mix with a big spoon. Cover and let stand 10 minutes so cheese melts.
5) Stella Rosa Brachetto D'acqui + Fig Newton and Goat Cheese Sandwich
- 12 Fig newtons (Fig Cookie)
- Log of goat cheese (12 oz.)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- On a cookie sheet pan, place fig cookies on cookie sheet, and slice goat cheese the size of the cookie and place on top.
- Heat the cookie and cheese for about a minute, just enough to warm up the cheese. Place anther cookie on top to make a sandwich or can be left as an open face. Serve warm and enjoy.
6) Stella Rosa Black + Potato Chips w/ Chocolate Drizzle
- 6 cups of kettle-style potato chips
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Spread the potato chips onto a lined cookie sheet pan in a single layer.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or using a double boiler.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a quart-size resealable plastic bag. Snip the corner of the bag and using both hands, squeeze the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the chips.
- Let stand at room temperature until the chocolate sets, about 15 minutes (or refrigerate briefly to set). Serve immediately.
Bonus cocktail: Black Magic:
- 4 oz. Stella Rosa Black, chilled
- 1 oz. vodka
- ¾ oz. lemon juice
- ¼ oz. Aperol
- 1 blackberry and lemon twist (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients (minus Stella Rosa Black) to shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously.
- Add Stella Rosa Black to shaker and give it a light stir.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a blackberry and lemon twist and enjoy!