1st Place: Crustless Chorizo Hatch Chile Quiche with Stella Royale Salad
by Fiona Green
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 medium zucchini, cut into small pieces
- 1 uncooked chorizo sausage or soyrizo, crumbled
- 3 cooked hatch chiles, sliced
*If you cannot find hatch chiles, you can use cooked bell peppers!
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Mixed greens
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mini peppers
Stella Rosa Honey Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons Stella Rosa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Add cream and mix for 30 seconds more.
- Add goat cheese, zucchini, chorizo, hatch chiles, thyme and taco seasoning and mix well.
- Pour into a greased pie dish and bake for approx. 40-50 minutes or until eggs have set and top is turning a nice golden brown.
- a. If the top begins to turn golden brown before the center is cooked, cover the dish with aluminum foil while it finishes cooking
- Serve warm with a light salad made with Stella Rosa honey mustard vinaigrette.
- a. To make vinaigrette simply pour vinaigrette ingredients into a jar and shake until well blended.
2nd Place: Royale Thai Chicken
by Anakkarat Barth
- 3-4 pounds Whole Chicken
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro (Coriander) Stems, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground White Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Stella Royale
- 1 tablespoon Water
- To make chicken marinate in a food processor, grind garlic cloves, cilantro stems and white pepper for 30 seconds. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to grind until the ingredients become a smooth paste.
- Butterfly chicken the Thai way by placing it breast side up on a large cutting board. Using a pair of kitchen scissors cut just to the side of the center of the breast, cut down through to the breastbone and anything else that is connecting the 2 sides of the breast together. Open up chicken and turn skin side up. Press down on chicken to flatten. Pat dry.
- Rub the marinate paste all over the chicken, including under the skin. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and pat dry.
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position, and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Heat a 12-inch grilled pan or cast-iron skillet on a stove on medium heat. Once the pan/skillet is well heated, place the chicken on it, skin side down and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 450 degrees, place grilled pan or skillet in oven and roast chicken until well browned, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven. Gently flip chicken, return grilled pan or skillet to oven, and continue to roast chicken until breast registers 160 degrees and thighs register 175 degrees, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a carving board and let rest for 15 minutes. Serve with chilled Stella Royale.
3rd Place: Mushroom Pork Eggy Tacos with Mole Hoisin Dip
by Loanne Chiu
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 very thin 7-inch tortillas
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Stella Rosa Royale
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce, divided
- 0.5 pounds boneless pork tenderloin, sliced very thin
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 2 seeded, diced red jalapenos or to taste
- 3/4 cup diced red bell peppers and more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
Mole Hoisin Dip:
- 4 tablespoons hot or regular mole paste
- 4 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 cup Stella Rosa Royale
- Beat eggs, cumin and salt well in an 11 1/2 " pie dish. Place tortillas one by one in egg mixture, soaking on both sides. Let soak minimum 30 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Prepare filling: Mix STELLA ROSA with cornstarch and 1 teaspoon fish sauce, then mix well with pork. Let stand while preparing other ingredients.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch frying pan. Briefly stir in garlic and ginger, then add coleslaw, jalapenos, bell peppers, cumin, oregano, pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon fish sauce. Cook until vegetables are crisp tender. If mixture is too dry, add a little water just to moisten. Remove to plate and clean frying pan.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil until hot. Brown pork slices, stirring, until cooked through. Add cooked vegetables back to pan. Stir in beaten eggs and transfer to bowl. Keep warm.
- To make dip: Mix all ingredients for dip in a small saucepan. Simmer until reduced to approximately 3/4 cup. If it thickens after standing, stir in some boiling water.
- Prepare tacos: Heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat in cleaned frying pan. Sprinkle some cilantro in oil, quickly place one soaked tortilla on top. Brown briefly, then flip and brown other side. Remove to plate. Repeat process and continue until all tortillas are browned, adding only little oil as necessary.
- Serve prepared filling with prepared tortillas and dip. Garnish with more cilantro and red bell peppers. This is a picnic dish where diners roll up the tacos themselves. Serve with cold STELLA ROSA ROYALE and celebrate summer!
Yields: 8 tacos (4 servings)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Description: My dish fuses Chinese, Vietnamese and Mexican cuisines.
I made a Mushupork filling with cumin, Mexican oregano, fish sauce and jalapenos. The dip mixes mole paste, hoisin and Stella Rosa. The tortillas are prepared like French toast, reminiscent of a Chinese crepe, Äújian bing‚Äù. This dish hits all your taste buds and has plenty of umami. Stella Rosa Royale with its semi sweetish, berry sparkling flavors is a match in heaven!