03 Jun Stellabrate Summer With Red Wine Ice Cream
A glass of wine after a long day can be relaxing, but why not mix it up a little this Summer with homemade Stella Rosa wine ice cream? Yes, you read that right – wine ice cream! It incorporates a childhood favorite with an alcoholic twist. Plus, you are never too old for ice cream (especially if it has Stella Rosa in it.) So for all you Stella Rosa and ice cream fanatics, try out our recipe!
– 3/4 cup Stella Rosa Rosso (Stella Rosa Black or Stella Rosa Imperiale Moscato Rose would also be great)
– 2 cups heavy cream
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla
– 6 large egg yolks
– Fresh and frozen fruit if desired
1. Whisk the egg yolks in a heatproof bowl.
2. Combine the heavy cream, milk, and sugar in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium-low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar and vanilla, about 4 minutes.
3. Gradually whisk the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks, then return it to the saucepan.
4. Constantly stir the mixture over medium heat until the custard is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. Be careful to not let the custard boil or it will curdle.
5. Strain the custard into a bowl and then add in the Stella Rosa Rosso and mix. You may also add frozen fruits if desired.
6. Cover and refrigerate until it is thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour.
7. Remove the mixture from the refrigerator, and place in an ice cream freezer according to the instructions of the freezer.
8. Cover and store until it is ready to be enjoyed! Garnish with fresh berries and some chocolate drizzle if desired.
Please note that some of the colors of the ice cream might not turn out as that in the photos. You can always add some food coloring, but what’s most important is the flavor anyway!
So there you have it folks – Stella Rosa red wine ice cream for those hot summer days and nights. Indulge in this delectable wine ice cream that will satisfy your guilty pleasures. Enjoy this new way of having Stella Rosa!
For more great Stella Rosa-infused treats, visit our Pinterest.