30 Apr Stellabrate 5 de Mayo with Stella Rosa Tequila Sangria
This full-blown fiesta deserves music, food, and of course the drinks! No 5 de Mayo celebration would be complete without this delicious recipe. So when life hands you lemons, you make Stella Rosa Tequila Sangria! Sangria is typically known as a Spanish drink infused with wine and brandy, but this mixture calls for something a little more robust – tequila. Let’s start pouring on the fun!
- 4 cups Stella Rosa Rosso (can substitute with Black or Red)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1 to 2 cups sparkling water
- Orange slices
- Lemon slices
- Lime slices
- Boil the sugar and water together in a small saucepan until the sugar is completely dissolved and the liquid is clear. Set the syrup aside and let it cool.
- In a large punch bowl or pitcher, mix together the sugar syrup, Stella Rosa Rosso, juices, and liquors.
- Just before serving, add the sparkling water. Add the fruit slices and ice either to the sangria or to the individual glasses or cups.
- Serve chilled and drink up!
Stellabrate 5 de Mayo with this perfect combination! Serve it as an aperitif to your friends and family and pair it with your favorite Mexican dishes like enchiladas, pozole, and tamales. Salud!