06 Jan Stella Rosa Mochi – A Japanese Treat You Have To Try!
You are on top of the Stella Rosa wine trend, and now it’s time for you to get on board for the newly trending mochi. You may have heard of it, you may have tried it. But until now, you didn’t know about this: a mochi recipe that uses Stella Rosa wine! Making a Stella Rosa version of this Japanese rice cake treat is much simpler than you might imagine, so let’s get started!
- 1 cup Stella Rosa Pink, Peach, or Berry
- 1 cup sweet rice (mochiko) flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- Sweet potato starch or regular cornstarch for dusting
- Preheat oven to 275 and grease a 9 by 13” baking dish.
- Whisk mochiko, sugar, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine Stella Rosa wine and coconut milk in a separate bowl. Add this to the dry ingredients, whisking until smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour mixture into baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour until soft and gelatinous but holds shape when touched.
- Allow the mochi to cool completely before cutting.
- Once cooled, dust surface with starch and turn mochi onto the surface. Cut using a plastic knife or a knife wrapped in Saran wrap (to prevent it from sticking). Roll the cut pieces in the starch and serve! Alternatively you can cut the mochi directly in the pan and dust with starch as you go along.
This Stella Rosa mochi tastes so good that you’d think it takes longer to make or would be much more difficult, huh! Fortunately not, all the more reason for you to pick up the ingredients now so you can get started!
For more delicious Stella Rosa recipes, visit our Pinterest.