04 Aug Red Wine Cupcakes: Have Your Cake And Eat It Too!
We sure do love our wines and we will find any excuse to pour Stella Rosa into our favorite recipes. Get the smooth taste of the original Stella Rosa Rosso accompanied by chocolate cupcake goodness. The Stella Rosa Rosso-filled buttercream frosting is the icing on top, literally! Boozy treats always taste better with Stella Rosa in them. Let’s get started on these Stella Rosa Rosso Chocolate Cupcakes!
– 1/4 and 1/8 cups of Stella Rosa Rosso
– 1/4 cup cocoa powder
– 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
– 1/4 cup boiling water
– 1 stick organic butter, room temperature
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1/2 and 1/8 cup flour
– 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
For Stella Rosa Rosso buttercream frosting:
– 1/2 cup Stella Rosa Rosso +1 tablespoon, divided
– 1/8 cup granulated sugar
– 1 stick softened organic salted butter
– 1 1/2 to 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners and spray with cooking spray.
2. Combine cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and boiling water in a heatproof bowl. Mix with a whisk until chocolate is melted.
3. Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Gradually beat in one egg at a time until thoroughly mixed.
4. In a third bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the cream mixture until thoroughly combined.
5. Alternate adding the melted chocolate and Stella Rosa Rosso into the mixer, until completely blended. Pour the batter into the muffin tins, almost to the top. Bake for approximately 20 minutes (make sure the toothpick you insert comes out clean!)
6. Let the cupcakes cool completely before removing them from the tin.
To make the Stella Rosa Rosso buttercream frosting:
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix Stella Rosa Rosso and sugar, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and let it simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook until the syrup is reduced to approximately 1/6 cup. Pour into a mug and place it in the fridge for a couple of hours to let it cool.
2. In a mixer, whisk butter and confectioner’s sugar until it is 1/8 cup full. Once you have reached a nice consistency, add the Stella Rosa Rosso reduction and continue to beat. Add more confectioner’s sugar, then 1 tablespoon of Stella Rosa Rosso.
3. Add the frosting mixture to a piping bag (or just a Ziploc bag) and frost your cupcakes. Sprinkle some dark chocolate chips on top.
This Stella Rosa Rosso Chocolate Cupcake recipe will be the sweetest addition to your dessert repertoire! No need for any other dessert treat at your next party!
You can find more delicious food and wine recipes perfect for your next gathering on our Pinterest.