04 Mar FUN FRIDAY WINE AND RECIPE PAIRING
Like many, Fridays are one of our favorite days. We look forward to wrapping up a long work week by relaxing with our friends, family, and favorite Stella Rosa wine. We love a good wine and recipe pairing because what’s better than great food alongside great wine?! We can’t think of anything either! Today’s fun recipe is this tasty spaghetti with clams and garlic paired with Stella Rosa Rosso. Happy Friday!
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 lb. spaghetti pasta
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 chili pepper, sliced
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, season to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente, then drain the pasta.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil moderately high heat. Cook garlic and red pepper until garlic is lightly browned, about 1 ½ minutes.
- Add clams and water. Cover and simmer until clams open and are just cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Discard any clams that don’t open.
- Add spaghetti and parsley to clams in skillet. Season with pepper and toss over moderately high heat until spaghetti absorbs some of the juices, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer spaghetti and clams to shallow bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese right away.
This savory dish pairs perfectly with the semi-sweet and sparkling flavors of Stella Rosso, so make sure you make enough for all and have enough Stella Rosa because we guarantee it’s going to be a big hit! For more information on our entire collection, visit StellaRosa.com. Find Stella Rosa at your local retailer or visit San Antonio Winery, online and in-store today.