09 Jul Breakfast Moscato, The Ultimate Breakfast of Champions
Love the taste of Stella Rosa Moscato? Enjoying it by the glass is never a fail, but you can now try this Strawberry Shortcakes recipe by adding Moscato heaven to your breakfast plate, making it the ultimate breakfast of champions. This may not be the traditional way to consume Stella Rosa Moscato, but it sure will taste just as good. Treat yourself to a sweet Stella Rosa breakfast this weekend with this Moscato Strawberry Shortcakes delight!
– 3 tablespoons Stella Rosa Moscato
– 6 large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
– 2 pints fresh strawberries, quartered
– 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (use to your liking)
– Juice of 1/2 lemon
For whipping cream:
– 1 tablespoon Stella Rosa Moscato
– 1 pint heavy whipping cream, chilled
– 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, mix quartered strawberries with Stella Rosa Moscato wine. Add lemon juice and powdered sugar and stir well. Bring the mixture to a simmer for about twenty minutes.
2. In the meantime, bake biscuits according to package directions or until golden brown.
3. Remove biscuits from the oven. By this time, the strawberry sauce should be nice and thick, with most of the strawberries broken down. Remove from heat. It will continue to thicken as it begins to cool.
4. To make the whipping cream, whip cream, powdered sugar, and Stella Rosa Moscato wine until soft peaks begin to form.
5. Split biscuits open and ladle a spoonful of strawberry sauce on top of one half. Drop a dollop of whipped cream alongside. Top it with the other biscuit half and add more whipped cream. Serve immediately!
Breakfast can now officially be served right. Who knew that Stella Rosa Moscato and breakfast could go so well together? Bon appétit!
If you like this yummy recipe, you ought to check out other recipe ideas you can do with Stella Rosa – just go to our Pinterest!