19 Jan Black And Blackberries: The Perfect Crepe!
Ever order crepes at a restaurant and upon looking at your beautifully plated and deliciously tasting dish, you ask yourself, “I wish I could make this at home”? What’s stopping you?! These delicate crepes are quite simple to make at home. With a few ingredients and a few more steps, you’ll master it in no time. Get your hands started with our excellent Stella Rosa Blackberry Crepes recipe:
Ingredients for crepe batter:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Ingredients for crepe filling:
- 1/2 cup Stella Rosa Black
- 1/4 cup blackberry jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Blend all crepe batter ingredients together then place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Over medium-high heat, combine Stella Rosa Black, jelly, lemon juice, and blackberries in a saucepan until berries begin to break down, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and mashing with a wooden spoon.
- Mix water and cornstarch in a cup until there are no lumps. Add this to the berry sauce and lower the heat. Continue stirring as mixture thickens, then remove from heat.
- When the batter has refrigerated for an hour and you’re ready to assemble the crepes, coat a non-stick pan with butter and pour 1 ounce of batter into the center. Swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30-4o seconds and then turn it over to cook for another 10-20 seconds.
- Remove to a plate to let it cool. Cooked crepes can be stacked once they’ve cooled.
- Spread a tablespoon of the berry mixture over a crepe. Fold the crepe in half twice.
- Top with another dollop of sauce and dust with powdered sugar. Repeat for remaining crepes.
Next time you’re hosting brunch with your girlfriends, whip up an order of these tasty Stella Rosa Blackberry crepes! With a side of fresh fruit and some Stella Rosa Morning Mimosas, you guys will be having one enjoyable time. Cheers!
For more great Stella Rosa brunch ideas, check out our Pinterest.