25 Mar Berry Delicious Shrimp Scampi
Stella Rosa Berry is a delicious yet much underrated wine. With notes of assorted berries, it easily pairs with many different dishes, and perfectly complements most pasta and fish dishes. So, what better way to celebrate the weekend than by cooking this delicious Shrimp Scampi dish and pairing it with Stella Rosa Berry!
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. spaghetti pasta
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- ¼ lemon, thinly sliced in half rounds
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup Chardonnay wine
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx.. 2 lemons)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, season to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, then drain.
- In a large pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, shallots, and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and lemon zest and cook until just pink, 4-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add wine and lemon juice to pan and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Lower heat to a simmer.
- Add pasta and shrimp and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices. Serve immediately.