Category : STELLA BLOG
There’s more than one way to enjoy good wine and that’s by adding it into food, especially desserts. You get the best of both worlds when you can enjoy your wine-infused dessert with a glass of wine! An extra serving of wine never hurts! And don’t worry about wasting wine on experiments gone wrong – you know I’ve got you covered! Try out some of my 7 favorite dessert recipes that I like to kick up a notch with the addition of Stella Rosa.
1. Moscato Zabaglione with Strawberries [Use Stella Rosa Moscato]
A Zabaglione is an Italian custard dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, and sweet wine. My hint: use a handheld electric mixer. This will help you get an evenly thick and creamy custard. Plus, it saves you the troublesome workout of mixing by hand for 8-10 minutes.
2. Wine-Poached Pears [Use Stella Rosa Moscato or Stella Rosa Peach]
Pears are often underlooked in the world of fruits and desserts. Not anymore! Poaching them in wine brings out a beautiful color and a unique taste. I love it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s divine!
3. Red Wine Chocolate Fudge Brownies [Use Stella Rosa Rosso or Stella Rosa Black]
This is probably one of the easiest tricks I keep up my sleeve. Chocolate and wine are a match made in heaven that is impossible to get wrong. There’s no debating this one!
4. Mimosa Truffles [Use Stella Rosa Imperiale Moscato, or Stella Rosa Imperiale Orange Moscato]
These are those melt-in-your-mouth morsels of joy. Package and present them with a batch of red wine chocolate truffles too, made with Stella Rosa Rosso.
5. Strawberries and Champagne Cupcakes [Stella Rosa Imperiale Moscato or Stella Rosa Imperiale Rose, also good with Stella Rosa Moscato, Stella Rosa Pink, or Stella Rosa Berry]
Decorating is always the second best part about cupcakes. Eating them is first of course! These are so elegant and delicate that you’ll never know wine was added!
6. Strawberry Moscato Granita with Moscato Jelly [Use Stella Rosa Pink or Stella Rosa Berry]
A granita is a semi-frozen dessert made of sugar, water, and other flavorings. It’s a cold dessert too, perfect on a warm spring day or a hot summer afternoon, but still enjoyable year-round.
7. Wine Donut Cookies, [Use Stella Rosa Moscato or Stella Rosa Bianco]
The name of this dessert alone had me sold. Wine AND donuts? What voodoo magic is this? These cookies are donut shaped and tease with a hint of wine. Plus, you won’t need as many ingredients as the typical cookie, so they’re super easy to make!
There you have it – your newest favorite indulgences (You’re welcome!) These are great to have just at home for a quick snack, or at parties of any size – weddings, birthdays, showers, girls nights, you name it. Make sure you have extra bottles of Stella Rosa to drink while you cook (there’s a glass by my side for every occasion!) We hope you enjoy satisfying your sweet tooth and wine craving. We sure did!
Loved our round-up and want more?! Cruise on over to our Pinterest for more recipes.