What’s really more important on Thanksgiving: the turkey, the side dishes, or the wine? Okay, obviously the answer is the wine, but what if shared with you a special recipe we cooked up that involved mixing Stella Rosa wine into a side dish? We’re talking about a Stella Red Cranberry Sauce!
• ¾ cup Stella Rosa Red
• ½ cup water
• 12 whole cloves
• 12 oz. fresh cranberries
• ½ cup (packed) brown sugar
1. Bring Stella Rosa Red, water, and cloves to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Once boiling, reduce heat and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. Discard the cloves.
4. Add the cranberries and brown sugar. Bring heat back up to medium-high until boiling.
5. Once boiling, reduce heat again and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until cranberries pop. Stir frequently.
6. Remove from heat and transfer sauce to a bowl. Allow it to cool completely before covering and refrigerating until ready to serve
For a fresh, delicious, Stella Rosa-infused cranberry sauce, it doesn’t get any better than this. It’s great with all the Thanksgiving fixings but frankly, it even holds its own if enjoyed by itself! As beautiful as a bottle of Stella Rosa Red, feel free to serve the sauce in wine glasses to showcase your successful creation! We’re confident this sauce will be the star at dinner.